Delicious! Three Cheese And Herb Penne
500ml Grated Cheddar Cheese
250ml Grated Mozzarella Cheese
60ml Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Packet Penne Pasta
3 x Gloves Minced Garlic
5ml Mustard Powder
1ml grated nutmeg
15 to 30ml minced fresh herbs
- Cook pasta and drain well. Transfer into dish and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Turn the heat down, stir in the flour, mustard powder and nutmeg.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, making sure there is no lumps. Cook while stirring constantly so that no lumps form and mixture makes bubbles.
- Remove from heat. Mix your cheeses and keep one cup separate for the topping.
- Mix the other cheeses into the white sauce, together with the minced herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour over the pasta, stir slightly with a fork so that the sauce mixes well between the pasta.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and grill dish until cheese is brown and bubbly.
• You can mix cheese and breadcrumbs together to use as a topping.
• Any sharp cheese of your choice may be replaced with cheddar from the recipe. You can really use cheeses that you like.
• Fresh herbs are better to use, but if you can’t get and you use dried herbs, use less because dried herbs are more concentrated than fresh herbs.
• Make sure that the water is boiled before you add the pasta to the pot, otherwise the pasta will stick to the bottom of the pot.
• Be careful not to burn when you pour the boiling water from the pasta – water can splash, so rather use a colander which is safer.
• If your pasta stood too long and is sticking together, pour warm water over it, spoon water through thoroughly to loosen the pasta, drain the water and use.