- 3kg Bab y back pork ribs
- 2 Onions (peeled and sliced in half)
- 1 Bulb of garlic (unpeeled, with the top sliced off )
- A generous pinch of sea saltFor The BBQ Sauce:
- 60g Demerara sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 4 Tablespoons of honey
- 4 Garlic cloves (peeled and fi nely chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of dried English mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Tabasco sauce
- Cut the strips of ribs into manageable pieces, with about three to four ribs to each piece, then place them in a large saucepan with the onions, garlic, salt and enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for one – one-and-a-half hours unti l the meat is tender.
- Shortly before the ribs are cooked, preheat the grill to medium.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce together in a saucepan, and bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for about five minutes more until you have a thick sauce.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and place in a large roasting tray, then coat with half the barbecue sauce.
- Cook under the hot grill or on the barbecue for five minutes on each side and then serve with the rest of the barbecue sauce (re-heat if necessary) and devour!