By Bernadette Longueira 600 grams boneless skinless chicken – breasts and thighs 1. Add chicken beans corn onions, pepper lime juice and seasonings to slow cooker with the stock
450 gram can pinto beans drained
250 grams frozen sweet corn kernels
1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced or 1 chili of your choice
1 red onion diced
Juice of one lime or ½ a lemon
1 teaspoon chili powder optional
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 teaspoon dried coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
5 cups chicken stock
1 cup rice
1 cup fresh salsa
250 ml prepared guacamole
1 large packet of tortilla chips
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese.
2. Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or low for 6 – 8 hours
3. Add rice and return slow cooker to high heat.
4. Continue cooking until rice is tender
5. Shred chicken in slow cooker using forks
6. Serve in soup bowls with a side of guacamole, salsa, cheese and chips for dipping and eating together with the soup stew.
600 grams boneless skinless chicken – breasts and thighs
1. Add chicken beans corn onions, pepper lime juice and seasonings to slow cooker with the stock