By Bernadette Longueira 6 eggs must be at room temperature 1. Boil the eggs to hard boiled – approximately 8 minutes
3 tablespoons sour cream
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
100 grams peeled cooked shrimp or 100 gram peeled cooked prawns
½ a lemon juice and zest
½ teaspoon ground caraway seeds
2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. Plunge the hot eggs into cold water changing the water until the eggs are cold.
3. In a mixing bowl place the cream, caraway seeds and whisk lightly together until cream just starts to thicken place to one side.
4. Peel the eggs, cut them carefully in half, and place on a platter.
5. Carefully remove the yolk without breaking the white and place the yolk in a mixing bowl
6. Mash the yolks well. Then stir in the cream mixture along with the mayonnaise until a smooth thick paste is formed.
7. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
8. Take a ¼ of the shrimps and chop finely. Stir into the egg mixture with the dill. Check the seasoning and adjust if required.
9. Pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg white halves.
10. Once all full garnish with a whole prawn or 4 whole shrimp and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
11. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with slivers of buttered toast.
6 eggs must be at room temperature
1. Boil the eggs to hard boiled – approximately 8 minutes