By Bernadette Longueira
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Mix together all the ingredients to form soft dough.
2. Roll out not to thin about 1 ½ inches to 2 inches thick
3. Cut into rounds of your choice.
4. Place on a greased baking tray.
5. Brush the pastry rounds with either milk or beaten egg.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180° C until a lovely golden brown on top.
7. Serve hot, warm or cold with lovely fresh butter, jam and whipped cream.
Rich Tea Scones.Same as above using only ½ cup milk to which add 1 beaten egg and 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cream. Proceed as above, cut into rounds brush with beaten egg and bake until golden brown. Serve as above.