- 250g Butter, at room temperature
- 125ml icing sugar
- 500ml cake flour (240g)
- 80ml corn flour (40g)
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 250ml icing sugar
- 1ml almond essence
- 5ml honey
- 75g Butter, at room temperature
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Lightly grease a large baking tray.
- Beat the Butter well until pale, and slowly add the other ingredients, blending to a putty-like dough.
- Fit a large Star-nozzle in a piping bag. Fill the bag with the biscuit dough and squeeze rows of rosettes the size of a R5 coin, onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until still pale over most of the biscuit.
- Icing: Beat all ingredients together until pale and fluffy.
- Spoon a little in the centre of a biscuit base, and sandwich with a matching biscuit which results in the icing spreading to fill up to the edge. Store in airtight container.
When pressed for time, simply roll marble-size balls of dough and place onto baking tin. Press down slightly with a fork before baking.