- 1 Small broccoli (separated into florets)
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 2 Cooked potatoes (cubed)
- 3 Carrots (sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- ½ Teaspoon chilli powder
- A pinch of ground ginger
- 50ml Vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 150ml Yoghurt, fresh cream or crème fraîche
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice
- Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for about three minutes, then remove and dunk in cold water for half a minute and drain.
- Heat the oil, then fry all the vegetables for five minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, chilli and ginger, then stir in the soy sauce and yoghurt, cream or crème fraîche.
- Allow to simmer for about five minutes.
- In the meantime cook the rice as per instructions on the packet.
- When the rice is ready, add to the vegetable curry mixture and serve.
Rooney Mara is an American perhaps best known now for her role as Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She made her acting debut in the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street, and then went on to star in such hits as The Social Network and Trash. Rooney studied psychology and International Social Policy at university.
When she was 21 she started her own charity called ‘Faces Of Kibera’. The charity focuses on caring for orphans in the Nairobi slums. She took up kickboxing because of her role in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which got her hooked on exercise. She now does a lot of Pilates and the barre method, or cardio barre, and yoga.
Rooney is also a staunch vegetarian, and credits her diet for keeping her in such good shape. Which is why this week we bring you this delicious vegetable curry recipe, which we know you’re going to thank us for!