CHOCOLATE FONDANT PUDDINGS
By Bernadette Longueira
200 grams castor sugar
200 grams butter
150 grams dark chocolate
100 grams milk chocolate
4 egg yolks
200 grams flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over gently simmering water.
- Melt the chocolate and butter stirring until smooth
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes
- In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs and egg yolks together with sugar until thick and pale.
- The whisk must leave a trail when lifted out.
- Sift the flour into the eggs
- Fold into mixture until well mixed.
- Pour the melted chocolate a cup at a time folding well between each addition
- Do this until all the chocolate is added
- The mixture will be a loose cake batter.
- Prepare ramekins by greasing the inside with melted butter.
- Place ramekins into fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from fridge and evenly divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes before baking
- Heat oven to 155° C
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray
- Place in oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the top forms a crust and they start pulling away from the side.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand
- In a mixing bowl place cream, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of castor sugar and 30 ml whiskey
- Whip together until soft peaks form.
- Serve the fondant with a spoon of cream on top.
- Extra cream placed on the side should anyone want more.
See also: Chocolate Bread Pudding
TIP: if you have pudding moulds then brush with melted butter using upward strokes. Place in fridge to chill. Once chilled brush more melted butter over the chilled butter, then a good spoonful of cocoa powder into mould. Tip the mould so that the powder completely coats the butter. Tan any excess cocoa out, and then repeat with all the moulds. When done pour in the Fondant and proceed as for the cooking process