By Bernadette Longueira 4 medium to large pork chops 1. Clean and chop the onion and place to one side.
Salt and Pepper
45ml olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 apples grated skin as well.
1 teaspoon dried sage
4 Juniper Berries slightly crushed
250ml apple cider
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
2. Grate 2 apples into a mixing bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice set to one side.
3. Season the chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. In a frying pan heat half the olive oil.
5. Brown Pork chops lightly on each side place on a plate to one side.
6. In the same frying pan add a little more oil if necessary add the onions, dried sage and slightly crushed juniper berries and ½ teaspoon cumin and paprika
7. Fry gently together for 2 – 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Now add the grated apple and apple cider.
9. Bring to the boil; reduce heat for a gentle simmer.
10. Taste to check seasoning adjust if needed.
11. Arrange the chops in an oven proof dish
12. Pour any juice into the pan with your sauce.
13. Preheat oven to 160° C
14. Allow sauce to reduce slightly
15. Pour over chops making sure well covered.
16. Place in oven uncovered and bake for 15 minutes or until meat is cooked
17. Remove from oven – cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
18. Serve with Garlic Mash potatoes, vegetables and/or salads.
4 medium to large pork chops
1. Clean and chop the onion and place to one side.