By Bernadette Longueira
10 ml cooking oil 1. In a heavy pot, heat the 10 ml cooking oil and 15 ml olive oil and fry the chopped onion, crushed garlic and chillies for 10 minutes
15 ml olive oil
2 onions, chopped
5 cloves garlic, crushed
250 grams pork belly, cut into pieces
250 grams pork rib, cut into pieces
1 pork sausage
1 blood sausage
2 tomatoes, grated
25 ml chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
piri piri or two chillies finely chopped
10 ml paprika
2. Add the pork belly and ribs and fry gently over a low heat for a further 15 – 20 minutes.
3. Add the thickly sliced pork and blood sausages, the tomatoes and 250 ml stock from the beans.
4. Simmer until the meat is tender.
5. Add the beans and chopped parsley and adjust the seasoning by adding your paprika and checking that it is not two salty etc.
6. Add more stock if necessary.
7. Cook for a further 10 minutes so that the flavours mingle.
8. Serve with rice garnished with carrot and some of the sausage slices.
9. You may add broccoli just before serving.
10 ml cooking oil
1. In a heavy pot, heat the 10 ml cooking oil and 15 ml olive oil and fry the chopped onion, crushed garlic and chillies for 10 minutes