- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ An onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ Italian green pepper, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tin of artichoke hearts (120 grams)
- ½ A cup of frozen peas (65 grams)
- 1¼ Cups of Basmati rice (240 grams); raw
- 4 Cups of vegetable stock
- 2 Teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
Heat the oil in a paella pan over medium heat until hot; add the garlic, onion, red and green pepper. Turn the heat down and cook until golden brown.
Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another five to 10 minutes before adding the frozen veggies; cook five minutes more. Add the rice and cook until it begins to turn translucent, then add the hot vegetable broth, turmeric powder, paprika, and salt and black pepper to taste.
Stir the paella until all the ingredients are mixed and cook over medium or medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, until the rice is cooked (add more vegetable broth if the rice is hard and dry). You can now add the tin of drained artichoke hearts to warm. Let stand the paella (covered) for five to 10 minutes and serve straight from the pan, garnished with lemon wedges