By Bernadette Longueira
- 150ml Orange juice
- 50ml Lemon juice
- 125 ml sugar
- 60grams margarine
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 125ml cream lightly whisked
- 5ml Orange liqueur or a sweet wine (optional)
1. Take a little of the orange juice stirring in the cornflour to form a paste.
2. Place the rest orange juice, with the lemon juice, sugar, margarine, beaten eggs and cornflour paste into a double boiler.
3. Stir together and let simmer gently until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a deep mixing bowl.
5. Allow the mixture to cool.
6. Once its cooled down, fold the mixture into the whipped cream and liqueur.
7. Pour into individual glasses of serving dishes and let chill.
8. If you want to add some decorative additions then dust with toasted slivered almonds and thin biscuit wafers.