By Bernadette Longueira
- 12 New potatoes, washed and sliced in ½
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or
- 2 chilies deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 8 lamb cutlets – 2 per person depending on the size
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint chopped (extra)
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the olive oil, chili, mint, celery salt and salt together.
2. Coat the new potatoes well place in roasting pan.
3. Place in preheated oven 180° C for ½ an hour
4. Test to see if just starting to go soft.
5. Turn oven down to 160° C and allow to continue cooking.
6. Combine in medium bowl, some oil, salt, pepper parsley and mint well together
7. Coat the chops well on both sides.
8. Heat a frying pan to well hot.
9. Brown lightly on each side.
10. Layer on top of the roasting potatoes and cover with any remaining mint sauce.
11. Return to oven and cook gently for 45 minutes or less
12. Remove from oven and place the chops in the centre of the serving dish
13. Arrange Roast potatoes around the edges.
14. Serve with a Mint Sauce, salad and vegetable of your choice.