By Bernadette Longueira
60 grams butter
1 bunch of spinach, washed and chopped
3 rashers of bacon chopped (optional)
1 onion chopped
250 grams cottage cheese
125 grams feta cheese
4 egg’s lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
250ml crushed savory biscuits.
1. Pre-heat oven to 170° - 180° C
2. Melt butter, add biscuits crumbs and mix well.
3. Press into a 20cm round dish (or loose bottom cake tin)
4. Place in fridge to chill.
5. Fry bacon and onion lightly
6. Now add the roughly chopped spinach
7. Fry lightly stirring from time to time until spinach wilts.
8. Combine all cheeses and mix until smooth.
9. Add mayonnaise and eggs, beat well together.
10. Now add the spinach, bacon and onion mixture.
11. Mix well together.
12. Pour into a prepared pan.
13. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until golden brown.
14. Serve sprinkled with extra cheese and a tomato and cucumber salad.