By Bernadette Longueira
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 325° F
2. In a large mixing bowl combine first 3 ingredients.
3. In a second bowl combine the eggs, milk syrup and oil and mix well.
4. Place the wet mixture in the 2nd bowl into the dry mixture in the 1st bowl
5. Mix well into a thin batter.
6. Pour into two greased 9 x 5 inch loaf tins.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 60 – 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
8. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes
9. Remove from tin and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
10. Can be eaten just like this or served with custard or Chantilly cream