By Bernadette Longueira
2 teaspoons gelatin
2 egg whites
1/3 cup castor sugar
400 grams strawberry yoghurt
250 grams fresh strawberries
1. Sprinkle gelatin in a small heat proof bowl over 2 tablespoons of water.
2. Place bowl in a simmering water bath.
3. Stir until gelatin dissolves – remove from heat and cool.
4. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually adding castor sugar beating until sugar dissolves.
5. Place yoghurt in a large mixing bowl.
6. Stir in gelatin very well.
7. Gently fold in the egg whites 2 tablespoons at a time.
8. Spoon mixture into individual serving bowls or glasses.
9. Cover and place in Fridge until set.
10. Serve garnished with sliced fresh strawberries and creamy vanilla ice cream.
Low fat yoghurt can be used instead. Any flavour can be used. If using plain yoghurt stir in a dessert spoon of honey. Enjoy.