This Marmite tart is a gourmet version of a Marmite-and-cheese panini. It’s really simple to make, and perfect for a picnic, light summer lunch or tasty snack.
- 1 Cup of flour
- ½ Cup of softened butter, plus an
- additional 1½ teaspoon of melted
- ½ Cup of grated cheddar
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Marmite
- Combine the flour, baking powder and butter. Then mix the milk, salt and egg together and add to the flour mixture, beating to combine.
- Add the grated cheese and stir through, then pour into a greased pie dish and bake at 180o C for 30 minutes.
- Take the tart out of the oven and prick it all over.
- Melt together the one-and-a-half teaspoon of butter and one teaspoon of Marmite and pour over the warm tart. Serve and enjoy!