By Bernadette Longueira
- 1 ¾ cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 packets of cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup green crème de Menthe
- ¾ cup whipping cream.
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 large Aero coarsely chopped.
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F
2. In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients, mixing well.
3. Press in to bottom and sides of ungreased 9 inch spring form pan.
4. Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
5. Gradually add sugar beating until smooth
6. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
7. Stir in ¾ cup whipping cream and the Crème de menthe until well blended.
8. Pour into the crust line pan.
9. Bake in oven for 8 – 9 minutes or until the edges are set but the center still jiggles slightly with a gently shake
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Remove from the pan and place in the Fridge
12. Before serving garnish with whipped cream and crushed aero
13. Store in fridge.
You can use any of your favorite liqueur to flavor this cheese cake, just change your garnish to suite.