By Bernadette Longueira
4 pork chops or
4 pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper or
1 dash five spice powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon minced garlic
6 tablespoons cornstarch
Oil for frying
1. Tenderize pork with a meat mallet
2. Mix together all the other ingredients except the cornstarch and oil.
3. Pour over the pork and rub in well
4. Allow to marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Just before frying pour cornstarch on top of pork and mix well into marinade.
6. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to just cover the bottom
7. Place the pork chops in the oil when it just starts to simmer.
8. Cook pork chops over medium heat approximately 8 minutes on each side.
9. Serve with a lovely fresh salad and sauce of your choice.