By Bernadette Longueira
- 6 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes – pieces.
- ½ cup vegetable oil – 125ml
- 1 cup flour – 250ml
- 1 cup Maas / butter milk – 250ml
- 1 tablespoon corn starch – 15ml
- ½ cup honey – 125ml
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce – 30ml
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar – 15ml
- 1 teaspoon oil - 5ml (sesame if you have no allergies)
- 1 red pepper – deseeded and sliced
1. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour
2. Then dip into the Maas
3. Then return to flour and press to coast.
4. Do all the pieces and place to one side.
5. Heat vegetable oil in a large deep frying pan.
6. Cook 3 to 4 pieces at a time once oil is hot.
7. Cook for 2 minutes until golden and crispy
8. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
9. Sauce: Combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water and set aside.
10. In a small saucepan combine honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, oil, red pepper and ginger
11. Bring to a boil
12. Reduce heat and stir in cornstarch
13. Keep stirring until sauce thickens about 2 – 3 minutes.
14. Place cooked chicken pieces on a serving dish and drizzle with honey glaze.
15. Serve with Rice and Vegetables and any extra sauce.
You can make 2 batches of this sauce so that one can be served on the side should anyone want extra sauce. You can season your flour with salt and pepper only or you can add any of the following: garlic salt, celery salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, and onion salt.