By Bernadette Longueira
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk or Maas
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sweet or hot chili sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 500 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup salty biscuits (flavor or your choice crushed)
1. Mix the crushed salty biscuits and breadcrumbs together until well combined.
2. In another large bowl, whisk together Maas, flour cornstarch, egg chili sauce salt and pepper to taste.
3. Working one piece at a time – dip chicken into the maas mixture then dredge in the bread crumb mixture pressing to coat.
4. Work in batches until all chicken pieces are coated.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
6. Add chicken to the oil and cook until evenly golden and crispy approximately 3 – 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
8. Arrange in a serving dish drizzled with your favorite sauce.
A quick sauce mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and chili powder. Mix well together and serve. You could replace the chili sauce with good mustard for a change from chili. A good chutney is just as enjoyable.