By Bernadette Longueira
1 glove garlic halved 1. Rub inside a 2 liter heavy pot with the cut sides of the garlic. Discard the garlic.
1 ½ cups white wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons cherry brandy or a good brandy
250 grams mature cheddar
205 grams Gouda cheese
200 grams blanched vegetables – baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower florets,
200 grams fresh vegetables - Celery Stalks, raw mushrooms, green and red peppers.
24 small picking onions (blanched)
1 loaf of bread cubed (Any day old loaf can be used) French bread is normally used as all cubes have a crust.
½ juice of one lemon
200 grams assorted fruit cut into bite size pieces
200 grams assorted cold meats cut into squares.
2. Add wine to the pot and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Stir together cornstarch and brandy
4. Gradually add the cheese to pot, stirring constantly until cheese is just melted and creamy. (Do not allow to boil).
5. Now stir in the cornstarch mixture and lemon juice mixing well together.
6. Bring the mixture back to a simmer
7. Cook stirring until thickens 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Transfer to fondue pot and set over a gentle flame.
9. Arrange the vegetables, cubed meat, fruit and cubed bread in two platters.
10. Placed on table and let guests help themselves.
1 glove garlic halved
1. Rub inside a 2 liter heavy pot with the cut sides of the garlic. Discard the garlic.