By Bernadette Longueira
Punnet of fresh Strawberries
Tot of schnapps or cherry liqueur
1 tablespoon castor sugar
250 grams butter
½ cup of cornflour.
2 cups of flour
1. Wash the strawberries lightly and remove the husks
2. Place in a bowl
3. Sprinkle on the castor sugar along with the liqueur
4. Mix very lightly.
5. Place in fridge
Short Bread Method:
6. To make the short bread, mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl.
7. Mix the butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence
7. Add the butter mixture into the flour and corn flour until a soft dough is formed
8. Roll out to about 5mm thick
9. Cut into either rounds or squares
10. Whip the cream into a thick and smooth consistancy
11. Place a short bread on the plate, add some whipped cream and top it off with the boozy strawberries. Then serve as a dessert or a tea time treat.