By Bernadette Longueira 1/2 cup brown sugar 1. Pre-heat oven to 180° c / Gas 3
½ cup tomato sauce or tomato puree
800 grams minced meat
¾ cup milk or beef stock
1 ½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 small onion
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon chili flakes
¾ cup finely crushed savory biscuits
2. Lightly grease a loaf tin.
3. Press brown sugar into bottom of pan
4. Now spread with tomato puree
5. In a mixing bowl mix meat, eggs onion, ginger, chili flakes and crumbs together well.
6. Add half the milk and mix, if it feels to dry add the rest a little at a time.
7. Place in loaf tin on top of tomato mix.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
9. Serve with mash potatoes and buttered corn.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 180° c / Gas 3