By Bernadette Longueira
1 Kilogram of Fruit without the Pips 1. Place the apricots into a thick bottomed pan
1 Kilogram of White Sugar
2. Add the sugar and place on the stove on a low heat.
3. Stir from time to time to make sure that the apricots are not sticking to the bottom of the pot
4. As the apricots start to cook they release a lot of natural juice
5. With the sugar melting as well it will give you enough moisture for you to leave the pot to simmer for 2 hours without stirring.
6. Take the pot of the stove and take a stick blender and blend the fruit to a fine puree.
7. Pour into sterilized jars and seal with wax paper that has been soaked in cheap brandy or whiskey to preserve.
8. Once the jar is open keep in the fridge.
1 Kilogram of Fruit without the Pips
1. Place the apricots into a thick bottomed pan