SEE: Permits you need during lockdown level 4 and how to get them

Caxton Local Media

Many South Africans will be returning to work from today as the country has moved to lockdown level 4.

This slightly relaxed form of lockdown will require South Africans to keep prioritising the fight against Covid-19.

Government recently announced that interprovincial travel – formerly banned – may be undergone in exceptional circumstances between May 1 and May 7.


Faced with a host of rules and many exceptions, Caxton Local Media readers have reported confusion. Reader queries range from  to “I live in one town and work in another, may I drive to work?” to “My child has been staying with her grandparents in another province. May I fetch her?” Questions like these are often accompanied with “do I need a permit and how do I get one?”

This video aims to answer your questions. If you need to pause at any time to digest the information, do so.

The permits referred to in the video can be accessed along with lockdown level 4 regulations. Click here.

The most frequently used permitted/essential service permit appears below.

Have you been wondering: “I need to start a new job on Monday, may I cross provincial borders?” Click here to read more.

Read original story on