Some of our fave celebrities are sharing their fluffy furkids and thoughts on adopting rescues, with us.
LIEZEL VAN DER WESTHUIZEN And Furkids
- Name of Pets: Dogs – I have two long legged dachshund mix breeds named Luke and Leia.
- Are the adopted? If so, from where? Yes they’re both adopted. Leia was adopted from Cape Of GoodhopeSPCA. Luke was adopted from Cape Dachshund Rescue.
- Why do you think it’s important to adopt animals? Adoption helps and means you’re giving a pet a second chance to a happy, safe home and saving them from being euthanized in an overcrowded shelter.
- What message of encourage do you have for others when it comes to animal care and adoption? Pls do not support unethical breeding rather adopt a rescue pet. It’s not just the right thing to do; adoption is a reward for any pet lover. They bring so much joy and unconditional love.
ELLE FRANCO And Furkids
- 1. Name of Pets: Two male Morkies, brothers Jimmy and Sid.
- Are the adopted? My pets were not adopted five years ago, but now I do believe the whole adoption process should always be a first option.
- Why do you think it’s important to adopt animals? It is important to adopt, because pets who desperately need love and a home, should be first up for consideration, and you will be surprised at the most amazing loving fur characters you will find. Also it will help limit abandoned, street animals and unlawful breeding centres if everyone gives a pet a second chance.
- What message of encourage do you have for others when it comes to animal care and adoption? Animals are not a toy, or something that is cute for a season, having a pet is a full on commitment. Pets require a lot of love, care and attention, first step before becoming a fur-parent, think long and hard on your available time, abilities and lifestyle before adopting a pet. Ask yourself will you be able to give them all their needs and more, if the answer is yes, then you will have the most loveable, furry and loyal friend by your side.
ANDRIES FERREIRA And Furkids
- Name of Pets: Dogs – Stifler and Micho
- Are the adopted? They not adopted but we fully support animal adoption.
- Why do you think it’s important to adopt animals? Over the years, adoption has become more and more important, as well as necessary. There are so many deserving animals that need loving homes, and if you are in the position to offer them one, I highly recommend it.
- What message of encourage do you have for others when it comes to animal care and adoption? Open your hearts and your homes, and adopt a special addition to the family. Educate your kids on the importance of adoption and animal care, after all, you are the voice of the animals!
ROXY BURGER And Furkids
- Name of Pets: Cats – Dolly and Tiger
- Are they adopted? They adopted us! Dolly arrived on my doorstep six years ago with her three kittens. We kept one and got the other two good homes.
- Why do you think it’s important to adopt animals? Because there are sooooo many who animals out there looking for homes. Pets don’t have to be designer – this is a ridiculous notion. And if you’re looking for a specific breed there are tons of rescue organisations that specialise in particular types of dogs and cats. Have patience and you will find your adopted pet.
- What message of encourage do you have for others when it comes to animal care and adoption? Make 100 percent sure you are committed to caring for an animal before you get one – it’s a big responsibility and shouldn’t be taken lightly.