Mental health issues are one of the biggest growing problems we face every day. According to who.int, ‘depression and anxiety disorders are common mental disorders that have an impact on our ability to work, and to work productively’.
Did you know that more than 300 million people suffer from depression worldwide, and more than 260 million are living with anxiety disorders? And many of these people live with both. The theme this year is mental health in the workplace — after all, we spend most of our adult lives working, which can affect out overall health and wellbeing.
12 Ways To Help Your Mental Health
1. Value yourself and those who are important to you.
2. Take care of yourself — that means overall good health, enough exercise and a stress-free life. Eat healthily, train daily, and avoid alcohol and smoking.
3. Surround yourself with positive people who inspire you and make you smile on a daily basis.
4. Make time for yourself — delegate when need be, and treat yourself to something special every now again. Even if it is a quiet afternoon on the couch with a good book.
5. Track your stress by keeping a journal and try to find a way to cope and deal with the workload or stress you’re dealing with.
20 Stars Who Suffered Mental Disorders
These Hollywood stars have battled some sort of mental health condition over the years:
1. Britney Spears: Depression and Bipolar Disorder
2. Robin Williams: Dementia
3. Demi Lovato: Bulimia
4. Gwyneth Paltrow: Postpartum Depression
5. Catherine Zeta-Jones: Bipolar II Disorder
16. Owen Wilson: Depression
17. Kurt Cobain: ADHD and Bipolar Disorder
18. Brooke Shields: Postpartum Depression
19. Michael Phelps: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
20. Winona Ryder: Depression