By Angela Bekiaris
They’re delicious, and nutritious, and women should be enjoying them more than they know. Here’s why:
1. They Are Loaded With Nutrients: Pineapples are packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals. They are especially rich in vitamin C and manganese.
2. They Contain Disease-Fighting Antioxidants: Antioxidants are molecules that help your body combat oxidative stress.
3. They May Reduce The Risk Of Cancer: several studies have shown that pineapple and its compounds can reduce the risk of cancers because they can minimise oxidative stress and reduce inflammation.
4. They May Ease Symptoms Of Arthritis: Pineapples contain bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
5. They May Reduce Recovery Time After Surgery Or Exercise: This is largely due to the anti-inflammatory properties of bromelain.
Peel the Banana
Bananas are great for breakfast, adding to smoothies or enjoying as a mid-afternoon snack. But the best thing is they have so many health benefits. Here are just some of the many reasons you should be peeling a banana a day:
1. High Fibre Content: One banana is loaded with both soluble and insoluble fibre which slows down digestion and keeps you feeling full for longer.
2. Heart Health: Studies have shown that bananas are great for the heart. According to a study done by University of Leeds in UK, increasing the consumption of fibre-rich foods such as bananas can lower the risk of both cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease.
3. Eases Digestion: Experts say that the slightly sour taste is known to stimulate agni (the digestive juices), thereby supporting digestion and helping build up metabolism.
4. It’s Filled With Nutrients: Loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6, bananas should always be included in your diet.
5. Helps Fight Anaemia: Its high iron content helps those with the illness, which causes a decrease in the number of red blood cells or haemoglobin in the blood.
Why Women Should Eat Pineapples
By Angela Bekiaris