By Angela Bekiaris
With Kylie Jenner recently giving birth to her baby girl Stormi, we thought we’d share some postpartum signs and symptoms with you. And while we’re not saying young Kylie will or is experiencing them, it it a serious matter all new moms should be aware of. And we’re not just talking about postpartum depression — the following warning signs should be taken seriously after giving birth.
- A foul odor coming from your vagina which can be a sign of an infection.
- Bleeding thick soaks up a pad every hour or two.
- No bleeding at all.
- The feeling of your uterus swelling for getting larger.
- A high fever.
- Pain which doesn’t get better with time.
- Swelling, redness or discharge from your C-section incision or episiotomy site.
- Problems urinating.
- Constant crying — signs of postpartum depression
- Visual disturbance — you may be experiencing postpartum preeclampsia.
- Severe headaches — it could be hormonal, or related to blood pressure.
- Flu like symptoms.
- Pain or redness in one or both of your breasts.
- Pain, warmth or tenderness in your legs.
- Frequent nausea and vomiting.
- Problems breathing.
Never hesitate to contact your gynaecologist if something feels or looks strange.
Did You Know?
Postpartum depression is now often referred to as perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, or postpartum mood disorders (PPMD). There are four subtypes: depression, anxiety with or without depression, panic attacks, and OCD. Note: Postpartum mood disorders don’t always show up immediately after the birth.