WARNING! Cataract Symptoms
By Angela Bekiaris
Cataracts are cloudy areas in the lens of the eye that can cause changes in vision. We share some symptoms to look out for, courtesy of Webmd.com:
1. Cloudy, fuzzy, foggy, or filmy vision
2. Glare from lamps or the sun, which may be severe
3. Difficulty driving at night due to glare from headlights
4. Frequent changes in eyeglass prescription
5. Double vision
6. Improvement of near vision that then gets worse
7. Difficulty doing daily activities because of vision problems
7 Cataract Risk Factors
What increases your sin of getting a cataract? We share some factors:
1. Age – the older you get the bigger the risk.
2. Genetics – family history plays a big role and could increase your chances of getting cataracts.
3. Some chronic diseases such as diabetes and glaucoma.
4. Smoking – it can damage the lens of the eye.
5. Infection during pregnancy – rubella or chickenpox could lead to the baby developing cataracts before birth.
6. Ultraviolet light exposure.
7. Long-term use of steroid medicines for conditions such as asthma or emphysema.
Celebs With Chronic Eye Disease
Did you know the following stars have suffered from eye diseases of some sort?
♦ Mila Kunis once revealed that she was blind in one eye for many years due to chronic iritis.
♦ Missy Elliott struggled with Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder that leads to the over-activity of the thyroid gland. This condition affected her in many ways, including her eyes.
♦ John Goodman had taken time off a few years back to take care of his health, including undergoing surgery to treat his cataracts.
♦ In 2014, Bono announced that he had glaucoma and that he had been dealing with the condition for years.