Start Eating Garlic!
Before you freak out, we know it leaves you with garlicky breathe… but surely some teeth brushing or a mint is all worth the health benefits you’re getting from eating garlic, right?
- It prevents cancer: According to the National Cancer Institute, ‘garlic’s protective effects are thanks to its antibacterial properties and an ability to block the formation and activation of cancer-causing substances’. However experts so reveal that the health benefits of garlic, cooked or raw, are only experienced when the clove has been crushed.
- It gives you glowing skin: garlicky breath, yes, but gorgeous skin too. According to experts, it slows down collagen reduction and loss of skin elasticity and defends your skin from free radicals.
- Helps beat colds and flu: A study published in the journal Advances In Therapyfound that ‘a daily garlic intake can reduce the number of colds by 63% percent, with the length of cold symptoms reduced to 70 percent’.
- Reduces high blood pressure: Experts reveal that the active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure.
- Prevents heart disease: Doctors recommend eating garlic daily — or as often as possible — as it helps lower cholesterol levels, in turn preventing heart disease. According to all4women.co.za, a study published in the journal Annals Of Internal Medicinefound the effect of garlic on total cholesterol in people with elevated levels, moderately reduced cholesterol.
- Pumps up your performance: It reportedly increases exercise capacity and reduces exercise-induced fatigue.