By Angela Bekiaris
Honey has so many benefits, say experts, and while it can be added to many foods and drink, the best part is it’s tasty by itself too! We share some of the many health benefits, courtesy of Care2.com.
1. Honey helps prevent cancer and heart disease.
2. It can reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
3. It can increase athletic performance.
4. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities.
5. Honey can reduce throat infection and coughs.
6. It helps regulate blood sugar.
7. External applications can heal wounds and burns.
8. It is a probiotic.
Types Of Honey
While we’ve seen a few different types in the grocery store, would you have ever thought there are at least 40 different types of honey out there? And according to experts, each type has a distinctive taste and unique properties. The most popular, according to Care2.com, are:
6. Orange Blossom