By Angela Bekiaris
Your mind needs just as much taking care of as your body. So here are some tips to help you keep it in good shape.
1. Praise Yourself: Yes, you know it. If you can’t love yourself you won’t love anyone else – so pat yourself on the back and praise yourself for a job well done, whatever it may be.
2. Express Your Feelings: Holding feelings in is not healthy. Instead, chat to your loved ones about anything going on in that mind of yours. And if you can’t open up to people, get a journal and vent on your own.
3. Turn Off The TV: Just for a while each day, spend some time in a quiet room, or catching up with the family.
4. Laugh: All. The. Time! Laughing is the best medicine so why not boost your mood by spending time with those who make you LOL?
5. Do Brain Training: Seek out courses, read new books, check out new websites – teach your brain to work better and faster.
6. Dream: Yes, we all day dream, but did you know by relaxing at night and getting a good night’s sleep (and, as a result, dreaming) you can set the tone for the next day?
7. Write Down Your Worries: Pay attention to what is bugging you and find a way to either sort out the problem or cope with the situation.
8. Exfoliate: You’re thinking, what does that have to do with the brain, right? Well, plenty. A good scrub can be strangely therapeutic. You’ll instantly feel more relaxed with buffed, smooth skin.
9. Watch What You Eat: A sugar crash can cause your mood to drop from high to low in an instant.
10. Chase Away Negative Thoughts: Take a moment to think, or even write down, all the things you’re thankful for, as well as everything you’re looking forward to over the coming months.
11. Take A Trip: If financially possible, book a vacation – even locally. Travelling is a great way to relax and escape. Check out the sights, enjoy some time out and tick a few to-dos off your list.
12. Carry On: Things don’t always go our way, but staying calm and finding a solution is better than freaking out and making the situation worse.
13. Plan: Life doesn’t have to be all planned out, but without any order you will be stressed and anxious. Make a list – even if it’s a bucket one.
14. Find Ways To Unwind: If it means booking for a massage, or just hitting the gym for 20 minutes, make sure to unwind when it’s necessary. And find simple ways to unwind each day.
15. Focus On The Perfect Sound: Did you know that some relaxing music or a meditation soundtrack could have you feeling relaxed and calmer in no time. Give it a try.