Get Selena’s Toned Arms
By Angela Bekiaris: Selena Gomez is beautiful inside and out, and we want her killer arms for summer, and we want them fast! Her Pilates instructor, Shannon Nadj, shared some of her exercises with E! News recently, and the best part is, you can do every single one in the comfort of your own home.
- Arm Weights 90 Degrees:“Reach arms forward at shoulder height. Bend your elbows 90 degrees. Stretch your arms out long and bend in. Do 20 reps and go slow with control,” Shannon said. “Pro tips: Keep your elbows up 90 degrees without dropping them, initiate from your centre and keep your abdominals engaged. Relax and lengthen the back of your neck. Go slow with control.”
- Arm Weights 90 Degrees To The Side:“Reach arms up to the side at shoulder height and slightly forward (stay in peripheral vision). Bend your elbows 90 degrees. Stretch your arms out long and bend arms in. Do 20 reps slow with control,” said the trainer.
- Arm Circles:“Stretch them out out to the side with your palms facing down,” says Shannon, adding, ”Keep your arms straight and elbows soft. Circle your arms 20 reps forward and reverse 20 reps backward. Keep the circles small and tight and go slow with control.”
- Small Pulses: “Stretch your arms long out to the side with your palms facing back, thumbs down,” she said. “Pulse them back 20 reps and then switch, rotating your arms with palms facing the front and pulse for 20 reps. Keep the pulse small, opening your chest and strengthening your upper back and shoulders. Keep your shoulders connected, back and down.”
- Shoulder Press: “Stretch your them overhead with your palms facing forward. Slowly bring your elbows down to your ribs and repeat 20 reps slowly. Keep your shoulders back and down.”