By Angela Bekiaris: Looking for some extra time to workout but don’t have it? You might be getting the extra exercise in without even knowing it. These are great ways to stay active, without actually feeling the pain, so to speak:
- Gardening is tough on the body. Mow the lawn, rake some leaves — you’ll feel the burn the next day for sure.
- Walking the dog could become more of a hobby than a chore. And walking has been proven to improve both your mood and your health, so win-win!
- Go for a swim — there is no better form of full-body integration than swimming a few laps.
- Start cycling — you’ll be burning calories and toning that booty and loving every minute.
- Start Tai Chi. The ancient form of graceful movement and stretching is known for helping both body and mind — and it’s a great way to start your day.
3. Dance your heart out. Dancing is not only oh-so-fun — and can be done anywhere — but it’s one of the best forms of exercise to keep you slim, trim and looking half your age.
4. Take up golf, if you have the time. You’ll be walking for hours which is already a bonus — and hey, you’ll make some great friends, too.
5. Tennis is a great way to keep active and have fun. It stimulates you both mentally and physically, keeping your body and mind in top form.