By Angela Bekiaris
Awareness is being raised this month on children’s dental health, so we discuss orthodontia. What is that, you ask? As kids get older, their bite and the straightness of their teeth can become an issue, which is why they start orthodontic treatment (which should be started earlier rather than later). Kids as young as age seven now wear corrective appliances, and plastic-based (sometimes clear) materials have replaced metal. Experts explain that younger children’s teeth can be positioned with fairly minor orthodontic devices, preventing major treatment later on. Make sure to keep your children’s teeth healthy from a young age. They need to brush and floss their teeth twice a day, have regular dental check-ups and watch their diet. Keeping sugary foods in check, encouraging regular brushing and flossing, and working with your dentist will ensure good dental health; and, in turn, a happy and healthy child.
Time To Start Drinking Almond Milk?
Almond milk is made by blending almonds with water and then straining the mixture to remove the solids. It can also be made by adding water to almond butter. Almond milk is not only healthy but a great replacement for those who can’t drink cow’s milk – those who are lactose intolerant. We share some of the many health benefits.
1. It’s Nutritious: It frequently contains added vitamin D, calcium and protein, making it more similar to regular milk in nutritional content
2. It’s Low In Calories: Although almonds are 50 percent fat and high in calories, commercial almond milk is a low-calorie beverage.
3. Unsweetened Almond Milk Doesn’t Raise Blood Sugar: Unsweetened almond milk may be suitable for people with diabetes.
4. It’s Dairy Free: As we said, it contains no cow’s milk or other animal products, making it a great option for vegans and those who are intolerant or allergic to milk.
5. It May Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease: Studies show that regular consumption of nuts is linked to a reduced risk of heart disease.
February Is Children’s Dental Health Month
By Angela Bekiaris