By Angela Bekiaris
6 Benefits Of Spinach
Spinach can be really tasty when added to dishes – or with a dash of lemon juice. But other than that, it’s great for your health, and we’re telling you why.
1. It aids in detoxification – experts reveal that the dark green colour of spinach leaves indicates that they contain chlorophyll, which helps your liver and colon remove toxins.
2. Spinach helps boosts muscle strength – did you to watch Popeye The Sailor Man growing up? According to a study published in the journal Cell Metabolism in 2011, eating about 300g of spinach can reduce the amount of oxygen required to power muscles during exercise by almost five percent.
3. It’s loaded with iron, an important component of haemoglobin, which carries oxygen throughout the body.
4. Spinach is great for the heart due to its antioxidant properties, particularly vitamin C and beta-carotene.
5. It helps fight different types of cancer due to its being rich in flavonoids and antioxidants.
6. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can be attributed to its flavonoids and carotenoids.