By Angela Bekiaris
Lemons have more benefits than we could have ever imagined. We share some of them with you.
1. Great For Dental Care – Did you know that if fresh lemon juice is applied on the area of a toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain?
2. Skincare – It’s a natural antiseptic medicine, which can cure problems related to the skin, such as sunburn, and can also help ease bee stings, acne and eczema.
3. Eases Burns – Lemon juice on the site of old burns can help fade the scars. Plus, because it is a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin when you currently have an irritating burn.
4. Internal Bleeding – The antiseptic and coagulant properties can assist with internal bleeding.
5. Promotes Weight Loss – Drinking lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey can help reduce body weight.
6. Soothes Respiratory Disorders – It relieves respiratory problems and helps those suffering with asthma.
7. Treats Cholera And Malaria – It acts as a blood purifier.
8. Aids In Foot Hygiene – It has an aromatic and antiseptic agent.
9. Treats Rheumatism – As a diuretic it helps to flush out bacteria and toxins from the body.
10. Reduces Corns – Lemon juice can dissolve lumps on the skin, say experts, so apply it to places where the skin has hardened up, like the soles of feet and the palms of your hands.
11. Controls Blood Pressure – Lemons contain potassium, which controls high blood pressure, dizziness and nausea.