Be Safe While Running
By Angela Bekiaris: Hitting the road jogging or running is great exercise, but you also need to make sure you’re keeping health and safety in mind. Wow share some tips with you — whether you’re a beginner or professional, always keep these things in mind.
- Make sure you’ve had a healthy breakfast before leaving home. However, don’t eat just before leaving — make sure you have kickstarted that metabolism.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet.
- Always make sure you are wearing the correct running shoes.
- Keep your fitness clothing simple and make sure it fits correctly — for women, this includes your training bra. The wrong bra can cause damage and make your run uncomfortable.
- Try not to run at the hottest time of the day — and always were sunscreen, even ion running early morning or late afternoon.
- Take our cellphone with you in case of an emergency.
- If running in the dark, make sure to wear reflective items.
- Keep water on you — you don’t want to get dehydrated., But at the same time, sip slowly in order to avoid getting a stitch.
- If possible, go with a partner — it’s always safer to run with someone outdoors.
- Choose a route you know, and one that’s busy to avoid dangerous situations.
- If you get injured, call for assistance — do not carry on!
Running Vs Jogging
Did you know that the difference between running and jogging is intensity? According to fitness experts, ‘running is faster, meaning it burns more calories and demands more effort from the heart, lungs and muscles than jogging. Running also requires a higher level of overall fitness than jogging’.
Celebs Who Run
When it comes to staying in shape, these Hollywood stars hit the road and run their way to fit and fabulous.
- Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher says, “Almost every other day I run, and I’m running between six and 11 miles. I run in my neighbourhood and other places in Malibu by the beach. By Disney Studios there’s a path that runs along the L.A. River Wash that goes 20 miles.”
- Ellie Goulding has been running since she was 18 years old and has since teamed up with nike and competed in marathons. “It’s taken a lot of motivation. It’s really the toughest thing I’ve done,” she says.
- Funnyman Will Ferrell loves to hit the road. “It really does improve my energy level. I feel different. I feel better,” he told USA Today.
- Reese Witherspoon will run alone or with company — and has been seen running with her husband, kids and other A-listers such as Nicole Kidman.
- Modern Family actress Julie Bowen keeps that body in shape by running, amongst other things. “I consider a day without a run a crappy day. When I don’t get to run, I am a grump,” she says.
Other stars who run are:
- Josh Duhamel
- Katie Holmes
- Renee Zellweger
- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs
- Drew Carey
- Pamela Anderson
- Mario Lopez
- Gordon Ramsay
- Heidi Klum
- Ryan Reynolds
- Alanis Morissette