By Angela Bekiaris
The Christmas bulge should be gone, but if Easter just added to it, you’ve got a problem. Of course we’re not saying starve, or diet for that matter – many would argue that’s the same thing – but there is still time to eat healthier and feel better by summer.
1. Make It A Way Of Life: That’s right, start eating healthily and being healthy – every day.
2. Have A Vegetable Celebration: Veggies are tasty and healthy so ad them to every meal.
3. Get Your Dose Of Protein: You will feel full, stay full for longer and get the energy you need to stay active.
4. Be Ingredient Focused: Yes, that means reading labels and being aware of what you’re eating.
5. Take Things Slow And Steady: Make small changes and adjust to your new healthy lifestyle. Results will follow.
6. Save Money By Eating In: Not only will this help your budget, but you can ensure a healthy meal at all times.
7. Drink To Your Health: Enjoy water at the best of times, and when you need something else, keep it fat-free and sugar-free.
8. Make Healthy Meals Fun For The Whole Family: Your kids can benefit from your healthy habits by creating some healthy but fun-looking dishes for them to enjoy.
9. Whole Grains Are Always A Great Option: From bread, to popcorn and even whole-grain cereal.
10. Package Your Own Healthy Snacks: This will ensure a healthy day and no regrets when you climb into bed at night.
11. Grill, Not Fry: Something as simple as changing the way you cook the ingredients could change the way you look and feel forever!
Never Ignore Weight Problems
While we’re not telling you to make your kids conscious about their bodies from a young age, make sure not to ignore a weight problem. This can not only lead to health problems, but low self-esteem too as they get into their teen years. Helpguide.org explains that children who are substantially overweight are at greater risk for cardiovascular disease, bone and joint problems, sleep apnoea, poor self-esteem, and long-term health problems in adulthood. Address weight fluctuations by following a healthy eating plan and a regular exercise routine.
Julianne Hough’s Healthy Eating Tips
The toned and gorgeous dancer-turned-actress admits that she fills up on carbs at every meal. But how does she then stay so slim and trim? According to insiders, Julianne sticks to whole foods when planning meals for the day, and has a balanced and sensible nutrition plan. She says she focuses on healthy starches, with an ideal meal being chicken, veggies and sweet potato. And with a lot of vegetables, whole grains, fruits and legumes in her diet, there is room for those carbs. Worth it, right?