Waxing Do’s And Don’ts
Waxing certainly isn’t everyone’s first choice for hair removal, but there’s no denying the amazing benefits of not having to shave for a couple of weeks! Pain aside, some women are put off from waxing because of the recommended before and after precautions. However, if you follow these carefully, you’ll get the most out of your wax, and your skin will remain healthy too! Follow these simple tips from FINO Cosmetics:
- No matter what area of your body you’re getting waxed, don’t schedule a wax within three days prior to your period, as your skin will be extra sensitive, and your pain threshold may be lower.
- Don’t get waxed on the day of a special event– your skin may be red and sensitive for a day or two, so best to schedule your wax for 2 to 3 days prior to special occasions.
- Avoid exercise, sun exposure and tight clothing on the day of your wax.
- Don’t use perfumed lotions or creams on the area for a couple of days as they may lead to ingrown hair.
- Wait until 48 hours after your wax before exfoliating the area.
- Avoid bathing, saunas, swimming pools and very hot showers for the first 24 hours after your wax.
- Allow your hair to grow out for roughly two weeks before your appointment, as wax can’t grip your hair when it’s too short.
- Gently exfoliate the skin before your wax, but do not apply any creams, oils or treatment products to the area.
- If you’re having your bikini area waxed, wear your most comfy granny panties – anything too tight or lacy will irritate the freshly waxed area.
- Apply FINO Soothe WOMAN immediately after waxing to soothe the tender skin and calm redness.
- Continue to apply FINO Soothe WOMAN every day to ease the itchiness experienced when new hair growth comes through, and to prevent ingrown hair.
FINO Soothe WOMAN (R69.95) is a synergistic blend of vitamin A and fruit enzymes that gently exfoliates, purifies and revitalises skin, while helping to improve elasticity. It is easily absorbed and will not stain clothing, plus you can use it anywhere on the body (including bikini line and eyebrows) after any form of hair removal.
This unique soothing balm helps reduce ingrown hair, while assisting in calming and moisturising tender skin. It contributes to the relief of dry, itchy skin and other post hair removal irritations. It is suitable for all skin types and can be used on sensitive skin. Available at Clicks and Dis-Chem.
For more information visit www.finocosmetics.com.