Summer Ready In Six Simple Steps
It’s safe to say that we are all ready for summer. We’re ready for the smell of sunscreen and that feeling of sand between our toes. Our bodies have been covered in clothing layers and has not been exposed in months. Thembelihle Lephoko from beauty brand Clere Radiance says that everyone battles with winter-body shyness, but she has some tricks to get your body ready for summer. These tips might even leave you feeling excited to get into your favourite summer dress.
1. Hydrate from the inside: Low temperatures and heating has taken its toll and left our skin dry and dehydrated. Drinking water has so many benefits to your whole body -it’s the best natural detoxifier, it flushes out impurities and moistuirises the skin from the inside out giving you a radiant glow.
2. Exfoliate your body: In winter, dry dead skin cells build up on your body and exfoliating is the best way to get that summer glow. Lephoko suggests a homemade sugar scrub – mix a pinch of brown sugar with the Clere Radiance body oil and gently exfoliate your body twice a week.
Fruit Serum With Anti Oxidant Body Oil (150ml): R62.99, Clere Radiance
3. Moisturise: Now that you have exfoliated and removed the surface of the epidermis which was acting as a barrier and stopping your moisturiser from penetrating, your skin is now thirsty and ready to absorb the Clere Radiance Body Crème. It will hydrate, nourish and plump up your skin giving it a radiant glow.
Lanolin & Glycerine Body Crème (300ml): R25.99, Clere
4. Get moving: It is time to get moving. Exercise increases blood flow, oxygen and nutrients to the body, as well as removes wastes and toxins. Sweating will rid your body of any toxins which is a great added health benefit. It will increase your endorphins, make you stronger, fitter and help you to learn to love your body.
5. Sunscreen: A little vitamin D always brightens up your mood, but it is important to limit your exposure as it can be so harmful to your skin. Always protect your body from the African sun, use an SPF in winter and summer. Your body will thank you in 20 years.
6. Eat clean: Taking the time to nourish your body with fruit and vegetables will make a huge difference to your skin. Opt for all the colours of the rainbow – green, red and yellow. The anti-oxidant benefits of fresh produce are tenfold – so what are you waiting for?