Relax And Rejuvinate Right At Home
WOULDN’T it be amazing if every day was a spa day? It would be bliss! And why not? If you turn your bathroom into a spa at home, rejuvination would be just a bath away. Here are our tips to spa up your bathroom:
- Neutral colours such as white, beige or blue set the tone for an at-home spa. It creates a soothing, welcoming, clean and fresh environment.
- Do it like the spa does and lower the lighting. Turn off the down lighters and place small candles in jars on the counter and around the tub. Soft, romantic candlelight flatters every skin tone. Don’t be afraid to mix tall and small pillars with votives and tea lights. Now you’re ready to melt into relaxation.
- Rest your feet on fluffy bath rugs and wrap up in large, luxurious towels to really feel like you’re at spa. Upgrade to new, fresh ones and toss out your old bath mats and towels. Want to take your home spa to the next level? Purchase a towel warmer for your bathroom so you can enjoy warm, heated towels right at home.
- Pour soaps, shampoos, lotions, and potions into their own set of cohesive, pretty dispensers and you’ll be amazed by just how much it transforms your bathroom. This simple trick packs a major design punch and is a breeze to implement.
- Aromatherapy adds the final touch to an at home spa by inducing emotions, boosting relaxation and relieving stress. Bringing in essential oils, scented soap and lotions is an easy ways to set the mood when creating a bathroom spa. Consider scents like lavender, jasmine or vanilla for a calming effect and relaxing atmosphere.
Fluffy Trim Mule Slippers: R190, Woolworths, Rustic Pillar Candle: R79, @home, Luxury Cotton Bath Mat: R139, Decorware, Bluetooth Shower Speaker: R149, Iconix And Body Wash & Body Balm Duo: R349, Forever New
Steelcraft Extendable Bath Caddy: R699, Builder’s Warehouse, Fur-Lined Gown: R599, @Home, White/Green Artificial Orchid In Green Handled Pot: R279.95, Boardmans, Rose / Eglantine Soap Bar: R85, By Savon De Merseille, Masquerade And Vintage Glass Bathroom Jar: R250, Woolworths
TIP: When choosing candles and oils, opt for a single scent to keep all the aromas from clashing.