Pay Attention To Your Winter Skincare Regime
WE all look at winter as a time of hibernating; binge watching our favourite series while relaxing on the couch, under a blanket. But, the truth is, South African winters still allow us to enjoy an outside lifestyle, and it is because of this that your grooming regime shouldn’t be neglected during this time. “Your skin needs just as much attention during winter, as it does during summer, and although many men rely on the motto, ‘the quicker the better’ when it comes to all over skincare, there are a few easy tips to remember that are quick and deliver results,” says Themba Ndlovu, brand manager for men’s skincare range Clere For Men.
Ndlovu offers the following 5 tips on how to help keep your skin moisturised during winter:
- Although it is cold outside enjoying a hot shower or bath is the worst thing you can do when it comes to keeping your skin moisturised. The hot water dries out your skin, and ironically helps your skin lose moisture.
- Moisturise your skin at least once a day, preferably twice a day. After your shower remember to give your skin some attention with a moisturising lotion or a crème, if your skin needs more nourishment. Clere for Men lotions and crèmes are available in three variants – Storm, Ice and Fire – and are the perfect winter skincare solution. Enriched with Vitamins E&A to help with healthier looking skin and Glycerine for extra moisture, the Clere For Men body lotions and crèmes boast an improved 48 hours formula to help keep skin nourished, moisturised for longer.
- Protect your skin by wearing scarves and gloves. The cold wind can cause havoc with your skin, causing it to chap and peel.
- Drink plenty of water during winter, as the warm heated air inside combined with the cold, bitter air outside can cause skin to become cracked chapped. Drinking water keeps your skin hydrated.
- We often only think about our skin, without thinking about our lips. The winter weather can dry out your lips. Clere For Men’s petroleum jelly, also available in the three fragranced variants, can help keep your lips protected during the colder months.