SUNDRESSES, sandals and sunny drinks with fruit and umbrellas, summer is fantastic! And as South Africans, we know the importance of skincare and sun protection, but what else should you keep in mind when it comes to your summer skincare? Try these easy-to-do tips to enjoy radiant and healthy skin that’ll have you glowing for all the right reasons.
- Stay soap-free. Make sure all your products are soap-free and perfectly balanced with a pH of 5.5 to protect and strengthen your acid mantle, the skin’s outer layer protecting you.
- No oil or emulsion-based products. Even if you have acne-prone skin, it might still be dehydrated, dry and rough; thus, you need to moisturise after cleansing. Just remember to use oil-free products (both moisturiser and make-up) to avoid more pimples in the long-run.
- Look at your routine. After choosing the correct products, ensure that you follow the correct process. Step 1, cleanse. Step 2, tone. Step 3, moisturise. Step 4, spot care.
- Do not over cleanse. Yes, that’s a thing; it’s not just the products you use that affects your skin, but also the frequency with which you use it. Twice a day (morning and evening) is more than sufficient.
- Be gentle. Never scrub too hard when washing your face as you can damage your acid mantle.
- Stay away from pimples. It’s tempting, we know, but by picking and squeezing them, you risk damaging your skin’s pore lining, allowing more bacteria to enter the skin. Instead, use a spot control gel, when you see a pimple forming.
- Find the freshness. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies and drink lots of water (a glass every 30 minutes). By enjoying healthy food, you flush toxins out of your system and you’ll feel (and look) healthy.
- Exercise and enjoy the fresh air. Being active (even a little) stimulates your blood circulation and metabolism, which helps keep your skin radiant.
- This one might be easier said than done, but your skin and soul will love you for it. When you stress, you release chemicals into your brain that make the sebaceous glands produce more oil and induce pimples.
Trust Sebamed’s Clear Skin Range to keep your skin acne-free this summer. All Sebamed products are soap-free and perfectly balanced with a pH 5.5 to care for your skin’s acid mantle. Better yet, the Sebamed Clear Skin range is also oil-free; hence, you can rely on their four-step cleansing programme.