Your Beauty Carry-On Made Easy
FLYING puts massive stress on your skin and trying to look good while travelling is also stressful, so here are a few tips to make your next trip smooth sailing (or should we say flying) and keep your skin looking perfect.
- First and foremost dose up on vitamins before flying, there may be someone on the plane who is sick and their germs will be circulating.
Immunace one-a-day synergistic antioxidant vitamin & mineral tablets: R149, Vitabiotics
- For comfort pack a travel pillow or your own pillow.
- Make sure your skin care products are in the correct sized containers if you are travelling internationally.
Facial Starter Kit: R43.44, African Extracts Rooibos
- Try and get some beauty sleep – pack an eye mask .
- Before leaving home and arriving at the airport use a serum under your moisturiser to help lock in moisture.
Vitamin E Therapy Serum: R615, Biomedical Emporium
- Apply moisturiser as your skin does not get a great deal of oxygen while flying and use an eye serum. On a long haul flight you might want to re-apply your moisturiser .
- Use a moisturiser that has Hyaluronic acid in it – it reduces water loss.
Dermal Repair: R385, DermaFix
- Look after your lips too – pop in a lip balm.
Balmy Kiss Moisturizing Lip Care: R29.95, Essence
- Drink Lots of Water – It is essential to stay hydrated.
- Even though you are on a plane you still need SPF especially if you are in a window seat.
Skin Protect SPF30: R310, SkinPhD
- Wear a minimum amount of make-up for long haul flights and if you’re brave enough, remove your make up in the evening.
- Pack wet wipes or a hand sanitizer – keep your hands clean as you are constantly touching items and then your skin.
Eco-Care Make-Up Remover Facial Wipes: R24.99, Cherubs
- Wear a head scarf to keep your hair from getting tangled and messy.
Satin Scarves: R349.95, Pylones
- Use deodorant, nothing worse than a smelly passenger.
- And remember to brush your teeth.
- If you haven’t been able to sleep and have watched endless movies, then eye creams and eye drops are very handy to soothe eyes.
- Pack a mini hair brush or tangle teezer.
Compact Styler: R290, Tangle Teezer