101 Beauty Quick Fixes Part 4
In the world of beauty, there are endless tips and rules to keep you looking fabulous. But a new look doesn’t always have to mean making a drastic change, spending the day in a colorist’s chair or forking out plenty of dough. These easy little tweaks will help you brighten and renew your look to get that “whose-that-girl” reaction from everyone. Here’s part four of our list.
- Instantly improve your liquid liner skills by starting on the side that you find more difficult, and it will be easier to make the easier side match.
Master Drama Khol Liner: R129.95, Maybelline
- Give your skin a quick peel (and immediate glow) by using an exfoliating scrub once a week.
Correctives Cathepzyme 1: R550, Lamelle
- Boost your volume with a few clip-in extension pieces, which secure at the root with a simple clip.
- To make your eyes look larger and wider, apply a pale colored eye shadow on the inside corner of the eye and a dark shadow on the outer corner.
- Dust light-reflecting mineral powder over your skin to create the illusion of smoother texture.
- Line your lips after you apply your lipstick for a crisp, clean shape that will not “run” as the day goes on.
- Use a brush to apply concealer around the outer line of your lipstick to clean up the shape.
True Colour Concealer Stick: R109.90, Avon
- For sheer, diffused colour that looks like a stain, apply lipstick to your lips using your ring finger.
- Use white nail polish as your base coat before applying a neon nail color; the white base will make polish look brighter.
Nail Lacquer In Plastic Bleach: R383, Smith And Cult
- Remove your make-up with a fine linen washcloth to cleanse and exfoliate skin at the same time.
- Part your hair on the opposite side as you usually do. Instant volume!
- To instantly minimize fine lines around your eyes, smooth on a product with hyaluronic acid. It’s a water-attracting gel that works beautifully in eye creams to help to bring a plumpness back to the skin to minimize wrinkles.
- If your lips are naturally dark, apply foundation or concealer over your pout before your lip color to get true color out of the tube.
- Revive second-day curls by misting hair with a reactivating spray.
- For a special event (or special dress) dust shimmer powder over your collarbone and shoulders to create a pretty glow.
Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder: R240, The Body Shop
- Or mix shimmer powder with your body lotion for gleaming skin.
- Another liquid liner tip: Line your eyes with pencil first (it’s easier to manipulate), then draw a liquid line on top.
- Dab a bright pink shade in the center of your red lip to add subtle dimension to the look.
- If your brows are sparse, try combing them downward instead of up after you fill in with pencil. This way, the hair will cover the pencil marks and create a more natural finish.
Brow Artist Genius Kit: R179.95, L’Oreal
- Fake a shaved side haircut: Make a cornrow braid on one side of your head for an asymmetrical look.