We Are Celebrating Lira
Happy Birthday Lira!
We’re celebrating the multi-platinum selling and 11-times South African Music Award-winning Afro-Soul vocalist’s birthday by giving you five fun interesting facts about her that you might not know.
We recently spoke to the star and she let us into her fabulous world and she gave us these quotes about her life, love and more!
- “I started school at age 4! I learnt to read, write and draw from my cousins so my grandmother, whom I stayed with at the time, had the teachers take me in for a day and I just never left. So I also finished school at 16.”
- “I used to work for the Morkels Group, your two year guarantee store. I worked at the head office for a division called ” Hi Finance” which provides micro loans for the purchase of electronics via Hi Fi Corporation.”
3. “My Afrikaans was refined by working at Morkels, ‘almal het Afrikaans gepraat’, so I also had to as well!”
4. “I earned extra cash during my time at Vaal University of Technology by running a hair salon from my room. I cut guys’ hair for ten bucks and styled the girls for fifteen bucks. I would also wash, treat and style for fifty bucks.”
5. “I LOVE to dance; I’ll dance to anything, anywhere… I’ve been known to dance even when there is no music.”
Read more facts here
AND NOW WATCH her behind the scenes video with our fashion team: