Springbok prop Trevor Nyakane is celebrating his 31st birthday today. To celebrate the star rugby player’s day of birth we are sharing some fun facts about the man with you.
- Trevor Nyakane attended top rugby school Ben Vorster High School in Tzaneen in Limpopo where he played for their first team for two years.
- Nyakane was chosen to represent Limpopo at the Craven Week tournaments in both 2006 and 2007.
- Trevor’s hometown is Gravelotte, which lies between Tzaneen and Phalaborwa in Limpopo. It is just west of The Kruger National Park.
- Trevor Nyakane has built up a reputation as a man with some serious dance moves. A video of him comically imitating Welsh flyhalf Dan Biggar’s kicking routine went viral at the 2015 Rugby World Cup. There is footage of him dancing and celebrating with his teammates after their famous 2019 Rugby World Cup victory.
- Trevor is married to Gavaza. They have a gorgeous baby girl.
- Trevor Nyakane made his international debut for the Springboks on 8 June 2013 during the Springboks’ 44-10 victory over Italy in Durban.
- On 22 June 2013 Nyakane scored his first test try for South Africa, against Samoa in The Springboks were leading 49-23 when Nyakane’s 80th minute try completed a comprehensive victory.
- Trevor Nyakane was part of the 2019 Springbok Rugby World Cup squad, however he had to come home due to an injury in the pool stage. Trevor Nyakane and Jesse Kriel (who also had to withdraw from the World Cup due to injury) flew back to Japan just before the Rugby World Cup final to surprise and support their teammates.
Happy Birthday, Trevor! From the People team!